Introduction to Alternative Care Arrangements
Maple Youth Services is a team of management staff and youth workers with extensive experience and training across the board. We have worked within conditions of all types & severities, and have become known as one of the most reliable, credible, and supportive institutions in the industry.
Our trained and highly educated staff understand, from experience, that there is and will always be fear about the disruption that can be caused by alternative care arrangements. We spend time understanding each individual’s situation, and work closely with their casework team and support network to create specific and supportive arrangement depending on the individual circumstances.
Maple Youth Services' workers are highly compassionate and ensure children and young people have therapeutic care throughout their journey of support, and for when the time comes, implement highly considerate and accommodating exit planning strategies.
What are Alternative Care Arrangements
Alternative care arrangements is when children are supported by Youth Support Workers in a temporary home-like residence. ACA has been established as a transitional phase for children who are yet to enter foster care or the care of a loved one. The aim of ACA is to provide a stable and home like environment for children to ensure familiarity and consistency, enabling a positive outlook for the future.
Here at Maple Youth Services, we create a safe and predictable environment with individually tailored supports and therapeutically informed care.
Our ACA Services and supports include the below pivotal aspects:
- Providing a home-like environment with comfortable furnishings and amenities.
- Recruiting trained and experienced Youth Team Members with current WWCC and Police Check’s, and providing ongoing training & support in therapeutic interventions.
- Supporting planned transitions to permanent placement options.
- Consulting with the child or young person and their caseworker about their daily routines and schedules to ensure normality where possible.
- Working collaboratively with existing service providers, DCJ representatives, family, and extended family members where appropriate.
- Implementing behaviour management strategies and delivering goals set out in the young person’s case plan and leaving care plan.
How does Maple Youth Services deliver ACA?
Skills and Qualifications of our Youth Workers
Our Youth Workers have studied and trained diligently to understand and respond to the needs of children and young people receiving alternative care arrangement supports. Your team can feel confident and at ease with our Youth Workers’ exceptional skills, qualifications, and involvement within the industry. We pride ourselves on our countless years of experience providing services to children and young people in need – from management to support workers.
The Maple Commitment
Here at Maple Youth Services, we are committed to keeping our community safe. Providing Support is the backbone of our purpose, we listen and act in real time, and we empower our community through our vision of equal opportunities. It is our focus on looking forward and building sustainable futures for each-and-every one of our individuals, that sets us apart from the rest.
Whether its a query about the services we provide, or just a general enquiry, we would love to hear from you!