NDIS Housing for Disabled Individual
We all need a place we can call home, somewhere safe where we can take refuge from the world, relax, and regenerate. Disability Housing was historically frowned upon because of poor conditions or support, but the times have changed. The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) has drastically improved how people living with disabilities are supported, giving them the freedom of choice of where, how and whom to live with.
There are many support options for people with disabilities depending on their level of need. Disability Housing is an excellent option for people living with a disability that need professional support that can’t be provided in another setting.
Maple provides supported living options and services throughout numerous suburbs in Sydney. In Western Sydney, we offer support in locations including Blacktown, Blue Mountains, Camden, Central Coast, Campbelltown, Canterbury-Bankstown, Cumberland, Fairfield, Hawkesbury, Hills Shire, Liverpool, Parramatta, Penrith, and Wollondilly. Furthermore, our outreach extends to communities in Bayside, Burwood, Canada Bay, Georges River, Hornsby, Hunter’s Hill, Inner West, Ku-ring-gai, Lane Cove, Liverpool, Mosman, North Sydney, Northern Beaches, Randwick, Strathfield, Sutherland, Sydney, Waverly, Woollahra.
Whether you or your loved one experiences a disability, there are ample support services available with funding from the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) to ensure you live your life to the fullest. Let’s take a look at exactly what this means and how you can make the most of your opportunities.
What is NDIS Disability Housing?
Disability Housing is a blanket term that describes accommodation options for people who are living with a disability, a mental illness, or a health condition requiring support. They are designed and organised to provide the assistance, support, and supervision that people need to live their life as independently as possible.
How Can Housing for Disabled Adults Help Someone?
People living with disabilities often face extraordinary challenges with day-to-day tasks and activities, but these challenges vary from one person to another. Where some people may require assistance with everyday hygiene tasks such as showering and getting in and out of bed, others may require help with cooking, cleaning, and laundry as well. Whatever your needs, Maple has a housing option for you.
If Disability Housing is in the right location and well designed, it can allow for more independent living arrangements, increased community connection, and access to formal and informal supports.
There are countless options for the amount of support someone may need and each participant’s plan will be completely different. That’s where Maple Community Services comes in as we can help you assess the best type of living arrangements to suit your needs and work on building life skills to help you live as independently as possible.
What Disability Housing Does Maple Provide?
Maple Community Services is a proud NDIS provider working to provide choice to people living with disabilities, so you can determine:
- How close you want to live to friends and family
- Where your children can go to school
Whether you can find work or transport options nearby
- The type of community you want to live in
- Whether you can access public spaces, activities, and services
We have more than 20 dwelling options located within the greater Sydney Region that support individuals with any level of support they need. We offer accommodation services from single occupancy granny flats to apartments and shared homes that can be used for any of the following categories:
- Short Term (STA)
- Medium Term Accommodation (MTA)
- Supported Independent Living (SIL)
- Individual Housing and Support
- Individual Living Options
- Shared Housing and Supports
- Supported Living
- Specialist Supported Living
- Supported Disability Accommodation (SDA)
As NDIS disability housing providers, Maple Community Services have SIL and SDA accommodation options available within the Greater Sydney area. Our accommodations in Western Sydney are located in Jordan Springs, Penrith, Austral, Lethbridge Park, Lalor Park, Tregear and Hurstville in Southern Sydney.
We also have various NDIS disability housing options around NSW in Cowra, Newcastle and Orange. Additionally we work with SDA providers right across Australia to ensure we can meet all of your needs.
What supports are available in Disability Housing?
When you stay with Maple in housing for disability adults, we offer a variety of support and assistance to people with high care needs. These services are thoughtfully designed and tailored to cater to the holistic needs and aspirations of all household members. These services can include:
- Assistance with daily tasks such as bathing, grooming and dressing.
- Round the clock support to ensure your safety and well-being at all times.
- Mobility assistance if you have limited mobility.
- Medication management to help you take your medicine as prescribed.
- Community engagement, to help you to engage with your surroundings and become active members of your community.
- Daily living skills training to encourage your independence.
- Support with household tasks such as laundry, grocery shopping and cleaning.
- Social skills development to help you to have meaningful interactions with others.
- Personal safety and security to promote a secure and comfortable living environment.
- Public transport assistance to help navigate the area and promote independence with travel.
- Assistance with household budgeting to ensure financial stability.
- Organising household rosters and activities to ensure a well-structured living environment.
Providing safe and welcoming homes for special needs adults is at the core of our mission. Our facilities serve as more than just a shelter for disabled adults; they offer a nurturing environment where individuals can thrive and experience a sense of belonging. Our dedicated staff works tirelessly to ensure that each resident receives personalised care and support, fostering independence and quality of life within our inclusive community.
The Maple Commitment
Whether its a query about the services we provide, or just a general enquiry, we would love to hear from you!