NDIS Housing Providers
A home is more than four walls and a roof. It is an important space where we spend most of our time, sharing our lives with those around us and taking refuge from the outside world. Your home is where you carry out your daily routines and fall asleep at night, but also where you make memories and feel a sense of nostalgia and comfort. A home can be anywhere you are, but not everywhere you stay will feel like home.
A home, whether it’s shared or all your own, helps to shape your individual identity. It is important that your home is a safe space physically, mentally, and emotionally. People living with disabilities need Accommodation that improves their lives and has all the supports they need to live as independently as possible.
Whether you or your loved one experiences a disability, there are ample support services available with funding from the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) to ensure you can live your life to the fullest. . NDIS accommodation providers, such as ourselves, can help you to discover exactly what this means and how you can make the most of your opportunities.
How Can Accommodation Help Someone With A Disability?
People living with disabilities often face extraordinary challenges with day-to-day tasks and activities but these challenges are never one and the same. Where some people may require assistance with everyday hygiene tasks such as showering and getting in and out of bed, others may require help with cooking, cleaning, and laundry as well.
There are innumerable possibilities for the amount of support someone may need and each participant’s plan will be completely different. That’s where NDIS Housing providers, Maple Community Services comes in as we can help you assess the best type of living arrangements to suit your needs and work on building life skills to help you live as independently as possible.
Does NDIS Pay for Accommodation?
The funding for Accommodation for people living with disabilities via the NDIS is only available to those with high-level functional impairments or high support needs. You will need to determine if you or your loved one qualify for the Special Disability Accommodation or Supported Independent Living funding options through the NDIA’s assessment and planning process.
The funding under SIL supports the assistance and support needed in these situations rather than the costs of the Accommodations themselves. Expenses such as rent, groceries, utilities, telephones, and internet access, as well as general household items such as furniture, appliances, and cooking utensils are the responsibility of the participant or may be supported through other government or non-government programs. Only assistive devices or aids can be supported through NDIS funding.
Specialist Disability Accommodation
Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) is a specialised category of support provided under the NDIS. It is designed to support the housing needs of people living with significant and permanent disabilities who have extremely high support needs. SDA is one of the many support options available from Maple Community Services and, if an NDIS participant is eligible you can receive a specialised category of funding.
Beneficiaries of SDA funding can either live independently or in a shared accommodation and they can choose the housing solutions that best suit their needs. Maple has access to many options of SDA housing across the New South Wales area that provide participants with appropriate housing that is specially designed to accommodate their specific needs.
What Accommodation Does Maple Provide?
As an NDIS accommodation support provider, Maple Community Services have SIL and SDA accommodation options available within the Greater Sydney area including short term and medium term accommodation and Supported Independent Living. Our accommodations in Western Sydney are located in Jordan Springs, Penrith, Austral, Lethbridge Park, Lalor Park, Tregear and Hurstville in Southern Sydney.
We also have various accommodation options around New South Wales in Cowra, Newcastle and Orange. Additionally we work with SDA providers right across Australia to ensure we can meet all of your needs.
What supports are included?
The supports that will be included with NDIS housing will depend on your unique needs and circumstances. At Maple, we aim to provide flexible and tailored support to promote independence and improve your quality of life in your chosen house setting.
Each of our accessible, open plan and fully furnished accommodations include weekly case management check-in’s, utilities including wifi and access to Maple’s accessibility van and transport services, as well as regular community events and fun activities.
Your Support Coordinator can help to ensure your needs are addressed and include the supports that best suit you in your NDIS plan.
Other common supports that may be included with NDIS housing include:
- Specialist Disability Accommodation – SDA funding is allocated to cover the cost of specially designed housing for people with significant and permanent disabilities. This type of housing may include features such as wheelchair accessibility, wider doorways, and other modifications to meet your specific needs.
- Supported Independent Living – SIL provides assistance and support for those living with disabilities to live independently in shared accommodation or their own homes. This support may include help with daily tasks such as cooking, cleaning, personal care, and social activities.
- Home modifications – The NDIS can fund necessary home modifications to make your existing accommodation more accessible and suitable for your needs. This might include installing ramps, handrails, and accessible bathrooms.
- Assistive technology – Assistive technology and equipment can also be funded by NDIS, this can include mobility aids, communication devices, or environmental control systems to improve your quality of life and independence within your housing.
- Supported Accommodation – We can provide 24/7 support with the help of Support Workers in your NDIS housing arrangements which can be funded by the NDIS.
- Improved daily living skills – Maple Community Services can provide training and support to help you develop and improve your daily living skills funded by the NDIS, which can be particularly important if you live independently.
Maple offers services across different suburbs in Sydney. In the Western Sydney region, we have support options in areas such as Blacktown, Blue Mountains, Camden, Central Coast, Campbelltown, Canterbury-Bankstown, Cumberland, Fairfield, Hawkesbury, Hills Shire, Liverpool, Parramatta, Penrith, and Wollondilly.
Additionally, we reach out to communities in Bayside, Burwood, Canada Bay, Georges River, Hornsby, Hunter’s Hill, Inner West, Ku-ring-gai, Lane Cove, Liverpool, Mosman, North Sydney, Northern Beaches, Randwick, Strathfield, Sutherland, Sydney, Waverly, Woollahra.
Choose Maple for your NDIS accommodation services.
The Maple Commitment
Whether its a query about the services we provide, or just a general enquiry, we would love to hear from you!