4. In your experience, how has receiving support from colleagues or supervisors positively impacted your job performance and overall work satisfaction?
Although it’s only been a short while, I’ve felt so overwhelmingly kept in the loop. My colleagues and supervisors treat us like family, and we work on problems together as a team. I’ve never been in a place like this before, and it really motivates me to work hard and do well. Everyone has been so kind to us and shown so much patience, care, and kindness that it honestly feels like a blessing. Although there is still much to learn and experience, I feel like no matter what, the people around me are here to support me, and that in itself speaks volumes. I have much to learn from everyone, and I hope I can be valuable to all these people who have taken time out of their day to teach me.
5. Can you share an example of a time when the support you received from a teammate or co-worker made a significant difference in your ability to handle a challenging task or project?
In the past week, I had fallen ill for a few days. I had almost lost my voice but still had to make some important calls. I reached out to a few of my colleagues and asked them for help. With their support and assistance when I was so ill, I felt very reassured that my clients would be in good hands and taken care of. Even in their busy schedules, they made time to help me and my clients. It made a significant difference in our supports for my clients for the week, and for those who extended their hand, thank you so much!
6. How do you think a supportive work environment contributes to employee well-being and mental health?
I think it is one of the most crucial aspects in a team environment. Having a supportive work environment at Maple encourages everyone to be united for one purpose: providing the best supports possible. I think it all comes hand in hand like a well-oiled machine by having that environment of support to keep each other afloat. It allows us to be in a positive mental state and make creative, innovative solutions to better help our clients. It promotes positivity, innovation, and creates a support network that clients and workers can rely on.
7. Are there any specific support programs or initiatives within Maple that you have found particularly beneficial for your well-being? If so, could you describe their impact on your life?
The initiative that stood out to me was the honesty policy of bringing everything out on the table. It felt like a place where I could speak my mind freely and work towards compromise. This creates a comfortable feeling of trust and reliability. I feel I can depend on people here to have my back, and the people around me are willing to listen and understand where I’m coming from, regardless of the status of our positions. That is something wonderful to have.
8. How do you believe the power of support extends beyond the workplace and influences your personal life and relationships?
The power of support is intertwined throughout each of our interactions. I believe in karma and by showing care, compassion, and sympathy to our clients and workers, I believe that type of kindness is noticed and hopefully passed on to someone next. These small moments of care extend past work, and those who are given time and shown care make a huge difference. It has also made me reflect on how I could apply this to my personal situations with friends and family. Being compassionate and showing warmth and trusting that the same type of energy will be reciprocated.
9. Can you discuss any strategies or techniques you have utilized to provide support to your colleagues or team members? How do you approach supporting others effectively?
Personally, I believe care has to be tailored from person to person; there is no one correct way to support a person. I find what is often most effective is taking the time to build rapport with people, talking to them about their individual needs, goals, and wants, and then situating what is plausible and possible. This level of communication is necessary to get everyone on the same page. My approach has always been about being honest and direct while showing sympathy for the situation, to tackle problems together in cooperation.
10. How do you think fostering a culture of support within the company can enhance collaboration and teamwork among employees?
Fostering a culture of support unites everyone as team members. Instead of seeing each other as adversaries competing for promotions, we tackle problems together as a family. By creating a solid foundation, animosities are less likely to arise, keeping us united for the single purpose of providing the best possible support to our clients. It creates a support network we can rely on when things are difficult and generates a sense of trust and security within the team.
11. How do you prioritize self-care and ensure that you are taking care of your own well-being while also providing support to others?
Self-care is, of course, the most important factor. How can we provide support if we are not feeling cared for ourselves? I think it is our responsibility to take good care of ourselves personally so we can be in the proper and positive states of mind to come up with creative, innovative solutions to meet our clients’ needs and keep everyone involved taken care of. It is crucial that we take care of ourselves personally as we make a big impact on our client’s lives. Therefore, we owe it to them to stay healthy and be in good mental states so we can bring about the best outcomes for them.
12. What are your thoughts on the support of Maple Services?
I think Maple Services shows a level of attention to detail and care to workers and clients unlike any other company. They have only shown me warmth, kindness, patience, and care. I hope to return all these acts of kindness by being a member of the team who can be depended on and relied on when things are tough. Although I have much to learn still, I hope to be able to return all those acts of kindness and care tenfold to everyone that has taken the time to reach out, to teach, and to care about me.