The purpose of this policy is to provide guidance on privacy at Maple Community Services (MCS).
This policy applies to any individual who comes across or is involved in the company’s online and offline platforms.
- Maple Services respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our clients and website visitors. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
- The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) currently defines “personal information” as meaning information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
- The information we collect is used to provide services to clients and website visitors in a safe and healthy environment with individual requirements, to meet duty of care obligations, to initiate appropriate referrals, and to conduct business activities to support those services.
Collection of personal information
- Maple Services will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you enter onto our website, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms.
- The kind of personal information that we collect from your will depend on how you use the website. The personal information which we collect and hold about you may include your name, email address, contact information, demographic information such as passcode, preferences and interests. This enables us to send information, provide updates and process your product or service order.
- We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
- Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
How we collect your personal information.
- Maple Services may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information, updates and our services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs.
- We may collect personal information from you whenever you input such information into the website.
- Maple Services may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, SMS or mail.
- Security of your personal information
- Maple Community Services is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Purpose of collection
- The purpose for which we collect personal information is to provide you with the best service experience possible on the website.
- We customarily disclose personal information only to our service providers who assist us in operating the website. Your personal information may also be exposed from time to time to maintenance and support personnel acting in the normal course of their duties.
- By using our website, you consent to the receipt of direct marketing material. We will only use your personal information for this purpose if we have collected such information direct from you, and if it is material of a type which you would reasonably expect to receive from us. We do not use sensitive personal information in direct marketing activity. Our direct marketing material will include a simple means by which you can request not to receive further communications of this nature.
Disclosure of your personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, contractors, or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our services.
- We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- Clients have the option of being involved in the external audits if they wish.
- We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Maple Services, https://www.mapleservices.com.au, its customers or third parties.
- Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
Security of your personal information
- Maple Services is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
When you visit our website
We collect some information about you automatically when you visit our website (https://www.mapleservices.com.au) and/or use our services. This information includes your IP address, device type, the webpage you visited before coming to our website, what pages you are visiting on our website and for how long, any links you click on while using our website and any identifiers associated with your device. This also includes the use of Google Signals, a standalone Google product that is integrated within Google Analytics 4. Google Signals enables cross-device tracking and remarketing. This information is used to gain a better understanding of how users interact with the website across multiple devices and sessions in order to create a better user experience for our customers. If you’ve given us permission through your device settings, we may collect your location information in our mobile app.
Third party sites
In addition to the information we collect directly from you, we may collect personal information from third parties. Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Maple Services is not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.
Access and Correlation
Australian Privacy Principle 12 permits you to obtain access to the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances, and Australian Privacy Principle 13 allows you to correct inaccurate personal information subject to certain exceptions. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us as set out below.
Your personal information may be transferred overseas or stored overseas for a variety of reasons. It is not possible to identify each and every country to which your personal information may be sent. If your personal information is sent to a recipient in a country with data protection laws which are at least substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles, and where there are mechanisms available to you to enforce protection of your personal information under that overseas law, we will not be liable for a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles if your personal information is mishandled in that jurisdiction. If your personal information is transferred to a jurisdiction which does not have data protection laws as comprehensive as Australia’s, we will take reasonable steps to secure a contractual commitment from the recipient to handle your information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Complaints about privacy
If you have a complaint concerning the manner in which we maintain the privacy of your personal information, please contact us as set out below. All complaints will be considered by Human Resources and we may seek further information from you to clarify your concerns. If we agree that your complaint is well founded, we will, in consultation with you, take appropriate steps to rectify the problem. If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact Human Resources.
Date updated: January 2021
Date updated June 2023
Maple Services reserves the right to modify this policy in whole or in part, at any time.