Maple’s Expo Recap 2022.
Earlier this month, our Intake Team here at Maple Community Services had the pleasure of attending the highly regarded Perth Disability Expo hosted by Developing Australian Communities. It was a fantastic opportunity to make the trip over to Perth, meet some of our incredible clients, catch up with our amazing workforce, talk exciting developments with new and exciting business contacts, and spread the word about Maple Community Services into this vibrant state.
In fact, Maple has embraced the Disability Expo Scene over the past 6 months attending major and community expo’s in our most embraced states around the country. For those that didn’t see us at your Expo this year, just wait until 2023 – you won’t be able to miss us.
For us, Expo’s hold quite a strong stance in our community engagement approach. We don’t attend these to sell Maple or our services. We invest in these ventures as we believe they are a fantastic platform to build upon connections and create strong relationships with providers, businesses, support workers, clients, and advocacy groups.
“Describing the atmosphere of an Expo is tough, but all I can say is that when you walk through the doors you are met with excitable, smiling faces – there’s music playing and colourful booths everywhere. The only word I can use to describe it is ‘wholesome’.
What you will usually encounter is participants looking for information, and other providers seeking to network and create connections.” Shei – Intake Officer at Maple Community Services.
In 2022 alone, Maple Community Services has attended:
- GoNest West, North Sydney & South West Meet Up’s
- Gold Coast Disability Expo
- Hunter Valley Disability Expo
- Brisbane Disability Expo
- Melbourne Disability Expo
- Perth Disability Expo
At every expo we always make sure we tick off the following:
- Personalisation. Whilst we are a nationwide organisation, we still abide by the very basics of Customer Service. That is knowing whom you are talking to, and being able to put a face to the name.
- Education. Making sure that anyone that comes to our booth either learns something new about the NDIS and maybe a little bit about why Maple is so cool.
- Sensory Experience. Vibrant Colours – so you can’t miss our friendly faces and capable team.
- Building Relationships. With as many clients, carers and providers as possible.
- That every individual walks away from our booth with a big smile after a positive interaction.
For so long, Covid-19 restrictions kept our Head Office Team in Sydney out in beautiful Western Sydney. But this didn’t stop us. During the lockdown period, Maple experienced an immense need for supports within the Perth region specifically. Remotely, we built up a team of headstrong, resilient, and reliable staff members to lead up our Perth hub. We also built robust relationships with other providers to create a strong support network within the region. Notably, Vera Living (pictured above) whom we have partnered with to provide much-needed SDA Options within Western Australia.
We had a full year of expos this year and we wrapped up with a bang at the Perth Disability Expo 2022 – but we’re so excited to see what new connections are ahead in 2023 for Maple and the Disability Sector!